This folder contains Mozilla Clubs guides & resources.
Adding a new guide via drag & drop!
Note - Drag & drop does not work in Firefox! Please use Chrome.
- Download the Template Folder zip file
- Unzip it
- Edit the
content.md file only
- Rename the folder to match the content title, this will be a part of the URL so…
- Make it all lowercase
- Don’t use special characters
- Replace spaces with dashes (like-this)
- Drag and drop the finished folder into the
clubs folder on the
gh-pages branch - Right Here.
Viewing a Published Guide
Your new page will be available at
Editing existing pages
If you already have the folder & files on your computer
- Edit the
content.md file on your computer and save it.
- Drag the folder into the
clubs folder (just like outlined above).
- Warning - your content will totally override what is in the repo
- Basic syntax guide https://guides.github.com/features/mastering-markdown/
Here is a handy Markdown Guide to help you with formatting your content.
If it is not
- Navigate to the
content.md file you want to edit in the Github UI
- Click the Pencil icon near the top right of the file contents
- Use the Preview tab to check your changes.
- When you’re ready, click the Comitt button to save your changes
Changing the name of the folder
Unfortunately, you can’t do this within the Github UI, so you’ll have to upload another folder with the correct name.
- You can delete the original folder by using the Github UI to delete the files within in (see below)
To display an image in a guide, use the following markdown syntax…
![image alt text](https://example.com/image.jpg "Image Title Text")
You can also add an image file to the folder that contains your guide, and then use the following markdown syntax to display it…
![image alt text](image.jpg "Image Title Text")
- Navigate to the specific file you want to delete
- Click the Trash icon in the top right of the file content
- If you delete both files in the folder, the folder will be deleted automatically
Updating resource links on the Learning site
The links on the Guides & Resources page on the Learning site are generated from the
clubs-resources.json file found in this folder. When you make changes to this file, they will take effect immediately on the Learning site.
####Tips for editing this file
- The format of this data is called JSON, read more about it here
- The categories and links appear on the page in the order they appear in the file
- Before committing changes to this file (and thus making it live) please make sure the JSON is valid
- To do so, copy and paste the entire contents of the file into a syntax validator like (JSONLint)[http://jsonlint.com/]
- If there is an error in your published JSON, it will break the guides section on the Learning site