MozMEAO SRE Status Report - September 19, 2017
Here’s what happened on the MozMEAO SRE team from September 5th - September 19th.
MDN Migration to AWS
- We’ve established a few target release dates for our milestones.
- All attachment files are being synced from SCL3 to S3
- Previously, attachments from 2012 contained unicode characters in their filenames that prevents several *nix/AWS tools from working.
- All HTTPD aliases have been addressed
- Tested urllib3 v 1.22 against Elasticsearch
- Implement database backup/restore process
- Production AWS resources have been provisioned
- Production Elasticsearch instance has been setup
- MIME type analysis complete
- Environment overrides for SCL3 settings in K8s
- SSL certs have been re-requested with additional names
- Split out credentials into Kubernetes secrets resources
- Create Elasticsearch stage cluster
- Using multi-AZ RDS for hosted MySQL (part 1)
- Some architecture diagrams have been added to the repo
- Establish a faster MySQL backup process from SCL3
Snippets has been deployed to the Portland cluster, in addition to the Frankfurt and Tokyo clusters.
The Snippets production traffic policy has been changed from latency-based to weighted between Frankfurt/Portland/Tokyo.
Giorgos also uncovered some Route 53 health check inconsistencies, and is working to make them more useful.
Upcoming Portland Deis 1 cluster decommissioning
The Deis 1 cluster in Portland decommissioning has been pushed out until next week due to support issues related to other applications.