OWNERSHIP & LOCATION
As a very first step in reviewing a project Code of Conduct, ensure that it is:
- In the root of a repository.
- Note: some projects on Github may have their CoC in a subfolder as per SUPPORT file standards. The Code of Conduct is not a support file. (README, CONTRIBUTING are)
- And/or available from the main website.
- Located in a CODE_OF_CONDUCT.MD or other dedicated-file.
- Linked from README.md , CONTRIBUTING.md and other first-contact places & spaces.
- Embedded in a README.md or other file with participation/technical onboarding and other info.
- Links to templates without modification. For example: ‘We have adopted the Contributor Covenant’ (linked out), provides no contact information for reporting.