Mozilla Open Leaders
Mentorship and Training on Working Open
About the Program
Our fifth cohort of Mozilla Open Leaders starts in February 2018! We’re looking for Open Project Leaders to fuel the Internet Health movement by engaging more contributors in their work and connecting with other leaders in the Mozilla community.
Applications close December 15, 11:59pm EST
An Open Project Lead is someone running or starting an open project that supports a healthy Internet. Over the course of the program, they will:
- receive ongoing 1:1 mentorship from Mozilla staff and mentors
- have access to a rich community of mentors, technologists and more
- complete modules and provide feedback on the Open Leadership Training Series exploring best practices for project setup and communication, tools for collaboration, community building, and running events
- bring their project to Mozilla’s Global Sprint, April 26–27 2018 (remotely or at a local site).
Who is this for?
If you (or your team) are running or starting an open project and want to grow as an open leader this is for you! Your open project doesn’t have to be technical — it can be curriculum (open educational resource), an open data project or report, an open source software project, or anything else that:
- has something to work on (a feature, module, or minimum viable product) during the program,
- allows and welcomes contributions by others, and
- supports the open web and a healthy Internet
- Attend online Office Hours and demos together with the entire cohort going through this program
- Meet with your personal mentor every two weeks
- Complete assignments from the Open Leadership Training Series, facilitating new contributors on your project
- Participate at the Global Sprint either remotely or in-person.
Duration: 14 weeks (February—May 2018, see the full schedule)
Being an Open Project Lead requires you to add one meeting a week (from 30 to 90min) to your schedule and complete assignments around your open project.
Estimated time: ~3h/week for 12 weeks + Mozilla’s GLobal Sprint