Open Leadership Training
Open Leadership Training is a 14 week online mentorship program on Working Open in the Mozilla Network
Are you building in the open? Join forces with Mozilla!
Open Leadership Training Round 3 starts in March 2017! We’re looking for Open Project Leaders who want to engage more contributors in their work, increase collaboration, and connect with other leaders in the Mozilla Network. Apply to be an Open Project Lead today!
An Open Project Lead is a Mozilla community member who is running or starting an open project. Over the course of the program, they will:
- receive ongoing 1:1 mentorship from Mozilla staff and mentors
- have access to a rich community of mentors, technologists and more
- complete modules and provide feedback on the Open Leadership Training Series exploring best practices for project setup and communication, tools for collaboration, community building, and events and convenings
- bring their project to Mozilla’s Global Sprint 2017 (June 1–2) as practical experience mentoring and engaging community on their project
Who is this for?
Open Leadership Training is for anyone who is currently running or starting an open project and wants to invest in their open leadership skills. Project leads, partners, or small groups of co-leaders responsible for project success and growth.
The project doesn’t have to be technical! It can be curriculum (open educational resource), an open data project or report, an open source software project, or anything else that has:
- a way for others to get involved
- a feature, release, or MVP (minimum viable product) to work on publicly with community members for the duration of the program
Who are the mentors?
The mentors are Mozilla staff and community members who have completed Open Leadership Training in the past. They all have experience running open projects, facilitating events and building communities. They’ve demonstrated an understanding of working openly and collaboratively on projects. Meet the mentors for Open Leadership Training Round 3.
|December 23, 2016||Applications open for Open Leadership Training Round 3|
|February 3, 2017||Applications close for Open Leadership Training Round 3|
|March 15, 2017||Accepted projects announced|
|March 21, 2017||First session of Open Leadership Training Round 3|
|June 1-2, 2017||Global Sprint|
|June 21, 2017||Final session of Open Leadership Training Round 3|
|mid-June, 2017||Applications open for Open Leadership Training Round 4|
Code of Conduct
Please note that we will be following the Mozilla Community Participation Guidelines.next: Schedule