Different platforms have different ways to enable each debug functionality. They may be enabled
- through APIs exposed on the Glean singleton,
- through environment variables set at run time,
- or through platform specific debug tools.
Check out the platform specific guides on how to use Glean's debug functionalities.
- Debugging Android applications using the Glean SDK
- Debugging iOS applications using the Glean SDK
- Debugging Python applications using the Glean SDK
The Glean SDK provides four debugging features.
This is either true or false and will cause all subsequent pings that are submitted, to also be echoed to the device's log.
This will tag all subsequent outgoing pings with the provided value, in order to identify them in the Glean Debug View.
This will tag all subsequent outgoing pings with a maximum of 5 comma-separated tags.
This feature is only available through the Android and iOS debug tools.
This expects the name of a ping and forces its immediate submission.